Oral health tips:
The New Year is a great time to set and implement new goals. We often want to move, exercise more or eat healthier. However, it is also important to include the dental care to the the list of new goals. So here are some tips to help keep your teeth healthy:
- Thoroughly brush your teeth at least twice a day with an electric or simple brush. You should spend at least 2-3 minutes brushing them.
- Choose the right fluoride concentration toothpaste and brush with softer bristles. Toothpaste should contain about 1000-1500ppm fluoride. Replace the toothbrush every 3-4 months.
- We also recommend using a dental floss or a special interdental brush after each meal, as a lot of food residue and plaque is left in the interdental spaces.
- Do not forget to clean your tongue at least once a day as it accumulates a lot of plaque that can cause bad breath, periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Cut down on sweets, foods high in carbohydrates and eat more dairy products, vegetables and fruits rich in minerals and vitamins that are good for your teeth.
- Get rid of bad habits: smoking is one of the biggest enemies of healthy and white teeth, so it is recommended for smokers to look for ways to resist tobacco cravings.
- It is recommended to visit the dental clinic once every six months, unless your doctor tells you otherwise. During the visit, professional oral hygiene will be performed and the condition of the teeth will be assessed.
- If you have any other questions, you can always call or write to us and book a dental consultation: +37062877784 firstname.lastname@example.org
While these tips seem very simple and obvious, most people still do not tend to take proper care of their teeth. So we wish that proper dental care would become your daily habit this year!